7 Chemical-Loaded Foods That Might Surprise You
Published on September 20, 2012 by admin · No Comments
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? Not if they’re store-bought.
This month, Prevention magazine published a list of common grocery store foods that are doused in so many toxins and chemicals that experts and farmers wouldn’t dare eat them.
Here’s what they came up with:
1. Canned Tomatoes
- The natural acidity of tomatoes increases the rate that bisphenol-A —a chemical found in the lining of metal cans — enters food.
2. Corn-fed Beef
- Cows pumped with grains are lower in nutrients and higher in saturated fats than cows that are fed grass.
3. Microwave popcorn
- Microwaving causes chemicals found in the lining of popcorn bags to evaporate and leach into the product.
4. Nonorganic potatoes
- Conventional potatoes are sprayed with an arsenal of herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides that get absorbed into the flesh.
5. Farmed Salmon
- Salmon raised in densely-packed pens are often fed fish meal infused with toxic chemicals and antibiotics to combat unsanitary conditions.
Read Entire Article HERE